Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Bush & Homeland Security Defeating the Purpose


A very scary thought just came to my mind. If the Bush administration continues to strip away the freedoms that we are supposedly fighting for in Iraq and around the world in The War on Terror, then the terrorist have already won and we can stop the bloodshed right now. There is no need for people like Padilla have no need to detonate bombs.

I can hear the outcry of the right wing base now "blame America again" or "how dare you speak against Bush".

I am not blaming America, and I am doing anything but say we should let the terrorist win. In reality we need to fight for our freedoms. But that fight has to start here, in the halls of government were they are being stripped away. It is not enough to simply say that we will fight to protect democracy. We must first keep democracy.

It is time for us as U.S. Citizens to stand up together and demand that no more rights be taken away and that those rights that have been be returned. The Patriot Act needs to be abolished and here it comes: Bush NEEDS, for the safety of our rights, to be IMPEACHED. That's right I said the big "I" word. I have never called for the removal of a President, including this one, before and I hope I never have to again, but this is beyond politics.

This should in no way be a partisan issue. The rights that we have been given through the blood of our ancestors are for all Americans, Conservative, Liberal, Republican, Democrat, and everything in between. And when they are taken away they are taken from everybody. It is scary to think that at anytime anyone of us could be arrested by the government on charges of "suspicion of terrorism" with no proof to back it up (none I have seen anyway) and be held without being given the basic right to defend ourselves from the accusations. What happened to the country I love were you are guaranteed the right to a trial. What happened to the great nation that stood together and vowed that we would fight those who would try and destroy our freed society on 9/11. Have we become so lax or so brainwashed by the current administration that we don't see that the biggest threat is not from a foreign country or from terrorist but from the very people who have vowed to protect those freedoms?

I for one refuse to stand by as this happens and I make a vow right to that I will do everything in my power to see to it that Padilla, and all Americans, are given the rights that so much American blood has been shed to protect. Do not let the loss of our great soldiers, in the past, and today go to waste, join me in the fight to save our freedoms. If you are interested in helping the first thing to do is to contact your governmental officials and show your dismay for what is happening. If you would like to do more beyond that please contact me at americanpatriotlegion@hotmail.com for more information.

1 comment:

The American Patriot Legion said...

Well I just got my first bit of blogspam so I guess I will have to start using word verification. Damnit I hate that stuff. But I guess the slight annoyance of having to type that in every time is worth not having the huge annoyance of blogspam.