Thursday, October 13, 2005

Scripted Conversation with Troops: Not Surprised Here.

Last Saturday Bush had what was supposed to be just a simple conversation with troops on the ground in Iraq. It turns out that that is not quite the truth. The truth is that is was a group of hand picked soldiers, five of whom were officers, who were coached on what to do and say.

Paul Rieckhoff, director of the New York-based Operation Truth, an advocacy group for U.S. veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan' denounced the event as a "carefully scripted publicity stunt." Five of the 10 U.S. troops involved were officers, he said.

"If he wants the real opinions of the troops, he can't do it in a nationally televised teleconference," Rieckhoff said. "He needs to be talking to the boots on the ground and that's not a bunch of captains."


When I first read this article by the Associated Press I was both outraged and surprised that Bush would lie to the American people and use U.S. Soldiers to further his cause, then it struck me, what am I surprised about.

Bush has a long history of hand picking those at his so called "town hall" meetings and has exploited anyone he needs to, including the victims of 9/11, killed soldiers, and the families of soldiers to further his war in Iraq, so whats the surprise.

I recall one story, from back in my original blogging days when I blogged at americanpatriotlegion.blogspot.com (I can't get into that account now for some reason) in which three law abiding citizens were forcefully removed from a Bush ass kissing sess...oh I'm sorry I meant to say town hall meeting because they had a bumper sticker on their car that was anti-Iraq war. I guess we shouldn't be surprised anymore when we hear more lies and deciet coming from the Bush Administration.

2 comments:

The Eccentric said...

Bush is also known for firing his staff for giving him bad news. Having people removed from a "town meeting" for a bumper sticker expressing their feelings (which happen to be different from his own) doesn't surprise me.

He's living in his own bubble. I bet he's not aware that more and more people are starting to doubt his false reasons for this so-called-war.

The American Patriot Legion said...

Well when he tells the troops that a "strong majority" of Americans support them and what they are doing it makes you wonder what world he is living in considering the polls are showing less that 40% approval rating for the war