Thursday, September 21, 2006

SAVE THE INTERNET!


Just when I thought that Congress could not find any other way to incrouch upon the Civil Liberties that we hold dear in this fine country they're at it again. The Target this time, The Internet. The holy grail of free speech. The one place were anybody and everybody can put their views up for the whole world to see without limitation and without censor, or at least that is how it is for now.

If Congress has there way companies such as AT&T and Comcast will have the right to decide what you do and do not have access to online. This is decpicable to the core. It is true that there are things online that if I had a child I would not want them to see them, so I would block them out myself, I don't need a company to do it for me.

I urge all readers to do one of, or all of these few things:

First, boycott AT&T, Verizon, Comcast and Time Warner (the companies backing this attack on freedom) and make sure they know that the reason you are doing it is because you don't believe that a large company should control what can and can't be seen online in order to fatten their profit margin, or for any other reason for that matter.

Second, find out more about this very important issue by checking out these great sites that are heading up the fight to save the internet and become educated on the issues and what you can do:

www.savetheinternet.com
www.moveon.org
www.freepress.com

And finally make sure and either sign the petitions avialable online at these sites or contact Congress and let them know that you support those politicians that want to Save the Internet.

2 comments:

JeromeProphet said...

Good to see you postin again!

JP

The American Patriot Legion said...

Thanks! I was working a lot for a while and wasn't able to post much because of it. I'm glad to be back though. I'm also going to have my site americanpatriotlegion.org up soon.