Saturday, March 11, 2006

Civil Liberties Crown/Duncehat


Well I am bringing back the Civil Liberties Crown/Duncehat.

The reason is simple, a very large need for the Duncehat to be awarded to the State Legislature of South Dakota.

Ah South Dakota the pioneer in the destruction of a women's right to choose what happens to her body. The most basic right of all human beings is to decide what we do with our own bodies, to take this away is a direct slap in the face to the rights of all people.

The close second goes to the U.S. Congress/Senate that this week passed the continuation of the Patriot Act. I have given more than enough reason for this in the past so I will leave it at that.

The crown this week is impossible for me to give, simply because I cannot find anybody worthy of the award. Their is nobody who has stood up for the rights of the American people. If anyone knows anybody worthy please nominate them here.

Edit: A friend pointed out a typo in which I stated North when I intended on saying South Dakota. I have since corrected the misstatement. Thank you.

3 comments:

The American Patriot Legion said...

Typo, corrected now

Anonymous said...

I am from South Dakota and just because we do not believe people should be the giver nor taker of life doesn't mean we are any less patriotic than yourself.

The American Patriot Legion said...

Understand that I am not questioning your patriotism, simply your knowledge of the rights garunteed to all citizens in the U.S. Constitution.

I believe that you are very patriotic, I am sure that in a time of need you would stand up to protect the nation, or your neihbor.

See the issue here is not your patriotism, but your respect for others rights. The right for a women to make the decision what she wants to do with her body.

As for not believing that people should be the giver nor taker of life, to points.

First of all in the act of giving birth is a women not making the choice to give life? And if that choice becomes a requirment because the courts will not let her have an abortion is the decision now not being made by them? See it is not so much a question of giving or taking life, it is a question of a women having the choice as to whether she wishes to allow a few cells to turn into life, within her body. Understand that while I do not agree with abortion myself (If I ever got a women pregnant I would not want her to have an abortion) but I do not have the right (including in that situation by the way) to tell a women what she can and cannot do with her body. That is purely her choice.

Also, if South Dakota does not believe that a person should have the right to be the giver OR taker of life, then why is the Death Penalty allowed? Isn't this the ulitimate decision to end life?